Thursday, December 14, 2006

Yay.
Went ice-skating with Fiona today.
Sucked at first and could barely move but towards the end well, we were considered quite proficient. It got crowded at the later part of the afternoon, I mean really really crowded. There were quite a lot of little kids going around in the metal guide thing and they go very fast with that thing. We always almost fall down coz those stupid kids were just zooming past you and you get very scared that you hit them while they dont feel anything at all. And then the ice started melting slowly and it got more slippery. They should really make the rink bigger la coz like that rink is practically the only ice skating rink in Singapore and there are so many people there.
Most of the people there are like us, not very pro people tho there were a handful of big showoffs. There was this bunch of guys just zooming away and they always happen to zoom damn fast right in front of you that they make you panic, just like the little kidos. Haha, then there's also the uncle who is damn pro he can skate so well, that he actually looks kinda bored skating alone, going in rounds. So all of us were at the sides except for these few girls who could spin around and do stuuf, they were in the middle doing their stuff. So when it got crowded at the sides, we skated nearer to the middle and then we always nearly hit the girl who minds her own business. Then everytime we go near the centre, we went territory! territory!
As in like they seriously should make the space bigger. As in when at first it was not crowded it looked big but when it got crowded its just like panic here panic there.
But it was fun lah, coz its my first experience and I'm quite happy with myself tho i fell like three times. But heyy its those kids that make me panic and fall and get wet. Its just like a more slippery version of roller blading. Quite fun lah. Tapi ex. If only it were a tad cheaper.

Then after that we went macs and had fries and sundae and then went to Jurong library. Its such a big pretty place. We dint feel like reading anything so we just went to explore the librabry. The longest time we spent was at the quiet reading room and the children's corner, but it asnt that long lah. Haha, at the quiet reading room there were some cool looking chars so we went in and it was damn quiet. We just sat on the chairs and looked at each other and I suddenly felt like laughing coz it was so super quiet like shit and then we went out.
Then at the children's corner we browsed some books. I found this book it was not supposed to be funny but I found it funny. So I picked the book and pretend to Fiona that I was storrytelling so I read (something like) "There was once a cat and a rat. They were best friends. They played together. They ate together. They slept together." Then I stopped there. Dont ask why.

Then after that we went to sit at the cool colourful chairs and found another amusing book. Its called "Children's letter to God". Its daaaaamn cute and the book is like quite tiny and the fonts were like real children's writing. They were all like super innocent questions to god and super cute remarks like " Dear god, At Sunday school I was told of the things that you do. But who does them when you're on vacation?" "Dear god, thank you for my baby brother although what I asked for was a dog" "Dear god, Is the giraffe supposed to be like that or was it a big mistake?" and "Dear god, How did you know you were god?"
Those were some of them that I could remember. So cute! I even thought of borrowing the stupid book.

Then after that we just walked around the shopping centre which is not so shopping centre-ish. And we stopped by every single accesssories stall and tried out stuff on Fiona. Until we found a leopard print belt and she thought of wearing it with with leopard print tights and shirt and being so nyonya. While we round and round and hogged this one shoe shop, we found a leopard print shoe, hairband, hairclip but we found no shirt or pants. Nature, nature, haha..imagine nakedness wearing leopard print shoes, belt, hairband and hairclip. Gross amat.

Eragon! Awaaak, it came out yesterday.
And I hope it doesnt rain this Saturday.

No comments: