I HAD to get out of the house after 2pm last Friday. If mum didn't let me go Kidzshine, well SOMEWHERE ELSE then.
So..at 6pm, I dusted and wiped down my brother's dusty old bmx and went cycling at Bedok Reservoir!
And FWAH. It. is. soooooo liberatinggggg. The weather was great, the wind blowing in your face woohoooooooo.
And the best thing about cycling in the evenings rather than in the morning is that the day gets cooler and cooler as the sun sets :)
As I cycled I couldnt help but recall my cycling experiences as a kid. My first was a 4 wheeler..I rmb it was yellow. It was ok but i didnt quite like it cos when I got a bit more proficient, the extra 2 wheels prevented me from cycling uber fast cos it would rattle and threaten to come off or sth. Then somewhere along the road, I learnt to ride a 2 wheeler at my nyai's house. Blue colour..kept falling, but very fun. When you've mastered it, the feeling was awesome and you feel all grown up and ready to face the world. Then I had my own bicycle with a basket in front. My brother's and I always cycled around our neighbourhood..there was once we found 2 kittens and I put them in my basket. I can still rmb very clearly how they shook in my basket as I cycled. Super super cute. We cycled to other neighbourhoods and when it started to rain along the way, we cycled as fast as we could in the rain. It's different now that we are all grown up..brother cycles by himself or with his friends all the way to the wee hours of the morning, and me either by myself or with my friends. awhwellz.
So at Bedok Reservoir I passed by TP's stadium..I felt I had been there before and then I rmb ooh ah yes it was..p6? or p5? whenever lah..evps had sports day there, and I ran a 4 x 100 relay there. hhaha cheywah. I'm glad I did that then, because I wouldnt have done it now, and if I hadnt done it then, then I wouldnt have ran in a relay in my entire life.
So the moral of the story is, live by the moment. Do whatever you can now, cos you might not get to do it again in the future.
Awww..liy is being emo.
Anyway,
Yesterday me and sheila went to Atrika Dance Fest at Kolam Ayer cc, but somehow Said came into the picture but good for us he is one hellafa strange creature that night. hahaa. Getting there was painful omaigazzzz..streetdirectory.com says i should take bus 23 but I had noooooo friggin idea where to alight. So...the bus made a loop which passed by sim lim square, jalan besar and scary places like serangoon road, and I was alone and it was 7.30pm. Which was already dark lah. I was thinking ok, I can alight where I was supposed to on the route back, BUT the 23 route decided to be mean so the route to and back isnt on opposite sides of the road and hence the jalan kolam ayer bus stop which i was supposed to alight was at some dark place in front of some factory officey yadayada buildings o.O Not welcoming. So I didnt alight. And alighted at a more crowded bus stop at bedok reservoir road..haiz.
Lucky for me, as soon as I alighted, I got a cab and zoooom I was at the cc in a jiffy.
So yaaayyyy a dose of tarian together with a bunch of retarded sidekicks for my saturday night which was pretty breathtaking i miss tarian zomg and got to see much missed chingay/ps ppl Nana Abg Yazid Abg Rizal Kak Shikin. :)
I miss batchmates! <3
Wow what a long story.
No comments:
Post a Comment